Things to do in Tucson
Tucson's mild climate and the areas cultural and historic uniqueness make it perfect for all types of events and the Arizona Riverpark Inn hotel is conveniently located to Southern Arizona's many attractions.
Area Events. While in Tucson, or prior to your trip, make plans to explore the area, attend a festival or concert, see a film, visit a museum or attend a sports event. Tucson offers something for everyone -- fiestas to music and film festivals, gem shows to sports. Explore the distinctive cultural heritage of Tucson and the surrounding area. With its fusion of European Catholic and Native American traditions you can attend Yaqui Easter ceremonials, a Mariachi Festival, visit the Poetry Center, the Arizona State Museum's Mexican mask collection, the astronomical research site on Kitt Peak, go bird / wildlife watching, attend an art walk or attend a dark sky program. Tucson is one of only 14 cities in the U.S. with a symphony as well as ballet, opera and theatre. Outdoor sporting opportunities abound. And, if you are a cycling enthusiast, Tucson recently received national recognition when USA Today named it one of the 10 Best Bike Cities in the Country. Bicycle events such as the El Tour de Tucson, are plentiful, while key rides include those around The Loop, a multi-use trail developed around Tucson/Pima County. There are currently 630 miles of striped bike paths, 72 miles of shared use paths, over 100 miles of residential bike routes and over 300 miles of mountain biking paths.
Family Friendly. Tucson is family friendly and there are a number of things to do with children including Breakers Water Park, Funtastics Family Fun Park, Golf N Stuff, the Reid Park Zoo, the Children's Museum of Tucson, the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, Old Tucson Studios and the Pima Air and Space Museum. Do remember to check local listings to confirm time, location and fees where applicable.
Now is a fabulous time to visit Tucson! Play golf, visit a spa and check out the economic boom in downtown Tucson while discovering the things that make Tucson a vibrant desert community. And, don't miss the Tucson Bird & Wildlife Festival (August 13-17) at the Arizona Riverpark Inn.
SEPTEMBER / OCTOBER 2014
- UNTIL 11/09 – Chiles Exhibit at Tohono Chul
- 09/01 – TMC Saguaro National Park Labor Day 8-Miler & 5K
- 09/04-6 – The 3rd Annual Arizona Conference of Festivals & Events
- 09/04-07 – Tucson Fall Gem Shows various venues
- 09/05 – Mavis Staples in Concert at the Fox Theatre
- 09/05 – 3rd Annual AZ Conference of Festivals & Events
- 09/05 – La Musique - Tucson Young Professionals' Annual Fashion Show at the Fox Theatre
- 09/06 – Pima Community College Women's Soccer at Kino Veterans Memorial Stadium
- 08/07 – Fiddler on the Roof at Fox Tucson Theatre
- 09/11 – Pima County College Men's Soccer at Kino Veterans Memorial Stadium
- 08/12 Restless Heart at the Fox Tucson Theatre
- 09/12-14 – Tucson Fring Festival at Club Congress and Fluxx
- 09/13-10/04 – AZ Theatre Co. presents Vanaya and Sonia and Masha and Spike
- 09/14 – Southern Arizona Kidney Walk at Kino Sports Complex
- 09/15 – A Celebration of Mexican Independence Day at the Fox Tucson Theatre
- 09/16 – Last Comic Standing Tour Live at the Fox Tucson Theatre
- 09/19 – La Musique / TYP Annual Fashion Show at the Fox Tucson Theatre
- 09/19-27 – Arizona Underground Film Festival at The Screening Room
- 09/19-28 – Arizona Restaurant Week, participating restaurants
- 09/20 – El Tour Adventure Run / Walk, the adventure starts/ends at St. Gregory School
- 09/20 – BEOGA, with Irish dancers at the Berger Performing Arts Center
- 09/20 – Pima Community College Men's Soccer at Kino Veterans Memorial Stadium
- 09/20 – Pima Community College Women's Soccer at Kino Veterans Memorial Stadium
- 09/20-28 – Chinese Culture Festival including concerts, etc. at the UA Confucius Institute
- 09/21 – KFMA Fall Ball 2014 at Kino Sports Complex
- 08/21 – Stand Up to Stop Violence IV at the Fox Tucson Theatre
- 09/23 – Heaven is for Real at the Fox Tucson Theatre
- 09/25 – Tucson Greek Festival at St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church
- 09/25 – Pima Community College Men's Soccer at Kino Veterans Memorial Stadium
- 09/25 – Pima Community College Women's Soccer at Kino Veterans Memorial Stadium
- 09/26 – Jazz Legends Live at the Tucson Country Club
- 09/26 – The 2014 SALARA Golf Fundraiser
- 09/26-28 – Tucson Symphony Orchestra at Tucson Music Hall
- 09/26-28 –Tucson Soccer Academy 36th Annual Tournament at Rillito Park
- 09/26-10/05 – Pima Community College Theatre Arts presents Stuart Little
- 09/26-10/31 – Nightfall at Old Tucson - Thursday through Sundays in October (Nightfall preview Sept. 26.)
- 08/27 – Can't Stop the Serenity / Equality Now at the Fox Tucson Theatre
- 09/27 – 28th Annual Great Tucson Beer Festival at Kino Veterans Memorial Stadium
- 09/27 – Love of Literacy-A Children's Book Festival at the Children's Museum Tucson
- 09/28 – Get the Led Out / Led Zepplin Tribute at the Fox Tucson Theatre
- 10/02 – Vamos a Tucson Mexican Baseball Fiesta at Kino Stadium
- 10/03 – Kansas at the Fox Tucson Theatre
- 10/03 – Dia de los Muetos Tour of Barrio Viejo
- 10/04 – Nils Lofgren at the Fox Tucson Theatre
- 10/08 – Reel Fashion at the Fox / A Tucson Moderism Week Event
- 10/09 – Paul Reiser presented by The Hearth Foundation's 2nd Annual Comedy for a Cause at the Fox Tucson Theatre
- 10/09-12 – Disney on Ice -- Let's Celebrate at the Tucson Convention Center
- 10/09-12 – Tucson Film & Music Festival, various venues
- 10/10-11 – University of Arizona Family Weekend
- 10/11 – Girls Night : The Musical at the Fox Tucson Theatre
- 10/12 – Downtown Chef's Table : Etherton Gallery / DOWNTOWN kITCHEN + Cocktails (Tickets required)
- 10/13 – ASIA at the Fox Tucson Theatre
- 10/16 – Lee Ann Womack at the Fox Tucson Theatre
- 10/16-19 – Loft Film Festival at Loft Cinema
- 10/18 – 37th Annual Pride in the Desert at Kino Sports Complex
- 10/18 – Tucson Fashion Week : Project Runway Showcase & Project arizona, various venues
- 10/18-19 – AZ Opera : Cruzar la Cara de la Luna at Tucson Music Hall
- 10/23 – Ray LaMontagne at the Fox Tucson Theatre
- 10/24 – Night of Fright at the Pima Air and Space Museum
- 10/24 – Circus Electronica at the Fox Tucson Theatre
- 10/24-26 – Howl-O-Ween at the Reid Park Zoo
Please note that information shown including dates, venues, and times are subject to change without notice and fees may apply.
The Pueblo Gem & Minerals Show at the Arizona Riverpark Inn. The 2014 show was a great success and remains the most diverse jewelry, gem and mineral show in Tucson -- a premier buyer's location for more than 30 years. The Tucson Gem, Mineral and Fossil Showcase is one of the largest gem extravaganzas in the world and some 55,000 of the world's buyers and sellers of rock of all shapes and sizes travel to Tucson for gem shopping. The 2015 Pueblo Gem & Mineral Show dates are January 30-February 11, 2015.
The El Tour de Tucson, one of America's largest organized cycling events. Registration opens mid-to-late January of 2014 for the 2014 event which takes place on November 22, 2014. Register early for a low rider number and for the lowest fees possible. and remember to make your reservations to stay at the Riverpark Inn in downtown Tucson, the closest hotel to the downtown start / finish line. The Arizona Riverpark Inn, a WSC Sports Official Hotel, is the perfect place to stay whether you are a professional or amateur cyclists riding for fun. Call our toll-free number (800.551.1466) and be sure to ask for our special El Tour de Tucson rate during this premier event.
Did you know that in 2013 Tucson was placed in two national Top-10 lists for urban cycling in the country and that the recently expanded Rillito River Park Trail -- a 23-mile path offers traffic-free access to Tucson and Pima County parks and trailheads? When completed, The Loop, an eventual 131-mile shared use path will encompass the major river systems of the Tucson region. You can also bike the Santa Cruz River walkway, directly behind the hotel, which connects to the Rillito River Park Trail. The Santa Cruz section of the path is the western most portion of the 55-mile urban bike loop.
Did you realize you can take a behind-the-scenes look at how University of Arizona engineers and scientists build the next generation of giant telescope mirrors? Reservations are required to tour the Steward Observatory Mirror Lab, call 520.626.8122. Cost is $8 for students and $15 for adults. If, however, you would like to look through the largest public viewing telescope in the Southwest you can visit the Mount Lemmon SkyCenter and participate in their SkyNights Program. Visit skycenter.arizona.edu for reservations. Fees Apply.
Whether you are attending a special event or an alumni meeting, high-school or military reunion, conference or an annual meeting the Riverpark Inn is the perfect hotel. We welcome you to Tucson and encourage you to take time to enjoy what our city has to offer.
Make your hotel reservations today for the Arizona Riverpark Inn so you, your family and friends can at one of the areas nicest hotels while experiencing all that Tucson has to offer.
Fax: 520-239-2329 Email: sales@TheRiverparkInn.com